Sunday, March 31, 2013

The sun and the sand and a bed in my land...yacht.

It was a beautiful island weekend and although we wanted to spend it deck-lounging, beaching, kayaking and hiking, we MADE ourselves work on the trailer :) We got a little beach time in though too. Just wanted to say thanks for all of the sweet notes, supportive phone chats and emails you all have been sending our way. We couldn't do this without all of your encouragement! It is such a challenging project and has certainly consumed nearly every weekend of the last 8 months, but we are nearing the end! Here's what we've been up to...

We mounted stabilizer scissor jacks on each side of the back of the trailer to reduce trailer rockin'!

I had pretty much given up on trying to get all of the old paint off the window trim, and they were an eyesore. So I got out the spray paint and covered them back up again!

Kapow! I told J these went from shitty to pretty in one weekend :)

J gets prepped for bed building while the puppies supervise from outside.

Agnes was pretty excited about the summer-like weather. We headed to the beach with the dogs both days after working on the Airstream.

Notice J is wearing shorts! It was 65 degrees and beautiful this weekend. While J was busy building the bed I riveted in my new red window trim. I think I have done about 300 rivets now.



Ta da! Pretty neat. There will be storage drawers built underneath the bed eventually.

Happy Easter/Spring! These are my super-fragrant hyacinths that J got for me. Have a great week!

1 comment: